ISDP Internship Program:
Asia Program and Silk Road Studies Program (January/February, 2019 – June, 2019)
Every semester ISDP accepts applications for internship positions from recent university graduates or graduate students. Candidates will be able to commit four to six months during the spring semester of 2019. The intern will work closely with the Asia Program and one of its nationally focused Centers (China, Japan, Korea) or the Silk Road Studies Program.
- Assist senior staff members in program activities
- Conduct research for senior staff members
- News gathering and reporting
- Assist in general day-to-day work at ISDP
Qualifications and Competences
- Undergraduate degree in social sciences, economics, area studies or law
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Strong research and drafting skills
- Excellent coordination and communications skills
- Ability to work independently and work in an international teamApplication process
To apply, submit the following documents by November 11, 2018, by sending an email to Erik Isaksson –firstname.lastname@example.org. All documents should be in English and in PDF format. State clearly which position(s) (China Center, Japan Center, Korea Center, Silk Road Studies Program) in the ISDP Internship Program you apply for.
2. Motivation letter
3. A 2-4-page written sample in English. The sample could be a university paper or similar text.
Excerpts from longer papers are also accepted.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview either in person or over the phone. Due to the high number of internship applications we regret that we may not respond to all requests. Please note that all internship positions at ISDP are unpaid, that interns have to provide accident and liability insurance and that we are unable to admit interns over summer and winter holidays. Incomplete applications will not be considered.